(Ministerial Order: IZ / 672 / 22-6-98- GG 709 v.B?.13-07-98, Supervisory Council Decision: 3 / 11-05-2000 6/12 & 28-06-2001 / 03-10- 2002 G.G. 1173 v. Β, M.O. 20-08-03 83064 / ΙΖ / 07-08-03)
The Central Public Historic Library of Ioannina “Zosimaia” is open to the public every day except Sundays and holidays. It remains closed to the public in August for the annual arrangement, cleaning and disinfection of the library material.
The equipment and the resources of the library are available and accessible to all citizens for usage on-site.
The membership card is issued to be used only by residents of the Region of Epirus, on request and by reference to their identification number. For minors, the guardian’s identity card is required. The personal data of members are confidential. Only the responsible staff members and the manager of the database have access to personal data which are not disclosed.
Exceptionally, membership card is also granted to scholars, as well as Greek and foreign researchers.
The membership card is issued free of charge. Lost cards are replaced at fixed prices. The new card will be issued one (1) month after the date of declaration of loss.
The membership card is strictly personal and the holder is responsible for all material borrowed on it.
The membership card cannot be transmitted to others. Otherwise, the user’s name is deleted from the members? database.
Card issuing is done daily, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday and Wednesday from 12:30 to 19:00 and Saturday from 9:00 to 12:30.
- The library books are divided in two categories:
- Borrowing material: The material can be borrowed for 15 days and/or renewed on request for an additional period of 15 days. After that no further renewal is permitted.
- Types of material not available to request through loan: this material is permitted to be used on site at the library ( e.g. periodicals, reference books, rare books etc.)
- Members are entitled to an allowance of 5 volumes on loan (only for Literature) and 1 volume (for other categories)
- There is also the possibility of requesting for a book to be put on reserve if it is not immediately available. The order of priority is respected and the member is informed by phone.
- Each member is required to return the borrowed material in time and in good condition. In case of a few days delay the user is reminded of it. Repeated delays will cause the suspension of loan privileges for a period of 15 days to three months and / or permanent abolition of the card value. Fines are also imposed.
- In case of loss or destruction of the book, the member is obliged to replace it.
- Any loan service stops 30 minutes before the closure time.
- REPRODUCTION OF WORKS
- Users are obliged to respect and comply with the legislation in force and the provisions concerning the legal protection of copyright and reproduction of the material.
- For photocopying, the users can take the necessary card from the Library Loan Desk.
- The copying relates only to library material.
- The copying of post-incunabula, rare books, prints and manuscripts is prohibited. Exceptionally, photographing or digital reproduction of such material may be allowed by the Library Branch, after reasoned request to the head of the Reading room, provided that the conservation state of the material allows it.
- DIGITAL PUBLIC SPACE
- Access to the digital space of the library is free.
- The use of the Internet should be limited to information search and bibliographic data depending on the level of users.
- The use of computers is permitted to adults and minors accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- To have access to computers, the users must present their membership card at the Library Loan Desk.
- The period of use is limited to 30? per person. To use e-services, the order of priority is respected.
- A printer for printouts is accessible to the readers. The prints are priced.
- READING ROOM
- Users should not make noise in the reading room or the other areas of the Library.
- It is strictly forbidden to eat, drink or use a mobile phone in the Reading room.
- It is strictly forbidden to smoke in the premises of the library.
- Users must respect the order of priority, whenever it is necessary, (loan, photocopies, issuance of cards, requests, demands of equipment located in store for consultation in the reading room,  access to the digital public space, etc.).
- Users must submit their applications to the Library staff clearly, comply with the regulations of operation and request staff assistance in case of difficulties.
- The staff is available to the user to offer advice and services on both the structure and the use of the Reading Room and the Library in general, as well as for the acquisition of bibliographic data and information.
- In case of complaints about the library staff, the user is asked to contact the Head of the Reading Room instead of creating conflicts with the staff.
- Users who cause problems to other users and do not comply with the instructions of the staff are permanently expelled from the Library.
WINTER (October to June):
Monday and Wednesday 12:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8:00 to 2:30 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 to 1:00 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 8:00 to 2:30 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 to 1:00 p.m.
 Requests for material studying from closed stacks of the Library should be submitted in total to the Project Manager upon the user’s arrival